LENSFLARE THEORY is...
- For Film and Media students and teachers
- A range of independent learning resources
- Analysis and discussion of a variety of film, TV, on-line and other media texts
- Focus texts drawn from the Eduqas, OCR and AQA specification
- Suitable for A Level or G+T GCSE (or even undergraduate level)
- Mini-essays that are accessible and engaging
- Specific scenes and textual detail linked to wider themes and contexts: ideological, historical and political.
- Hyperlinks and further reading lists that extend and develop independent student research
About the author: Matthew Daintrey-Hall was a classroom teacher and head of department for Film and Media Studies at Seven Kings High School for 19 years. He has worked closely on a range of film and media education projects with the British Film Institute since 2002, including recent Study Days on Introducing Critical Theory, UK Cinema, and Participatory Media and Democracy. Matthew is the author of the BFI's Teaching Men and Film and of film factsheets and study guides for the new Eduqas Film Studies specification. In June 2018 he will be delivering the BFI Study Days on Long Form TV Drama and Political Action Film. He currently lives and works in Budapest, Hungary.